- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- Kosher Salt
To make the Rub:
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place the steak on a rimmed baking sheet and pat it dry on both sides with a paper towel.
- To start the dry brine process, generously salt each side of the steak with salt.
- Wrap the steak in plastic wrap and allow the steak to rest for one hour on the counter top to bring it to room temperature.
- To make the rub, add the brown sugar, curry powder, salt, garlic salt, ginger, cardamom, and pepper to sealable sandwich bag.
- Seal the bag. Rub the spices together using your fingers on the outside of the bag. Work the spices until they are well mixed.
- Grease the grill grate or grill pan with olive oil and heat to medium high heat.
- Rinse the salt off the steak and pat dry again. Return the steak to the baking sheet and rub the spice mixture on both sides of the steak from end to end. Allow the steak to soak in the rub for 15 minutes before grilling.
- Grill each side of the steak for 4-5 minutes for medium rare, 5-6 minutes for a medium, and 6-7 minutes for well done.
Place the cooked steak on a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Allow the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.